Seanor Farm Park
PROGRESS AT SEANOR FARM PARK.
The Salem Twp. Supervisors, Recreation Board and the Salem Twp. Park Initiative Committee are pleased that the following work has been completed with the matching grant from DCNR.
l. The road work and storm drainage.
2. Parking area including a paved handicap area.
4. Re-seeding of disturbed areas and tree planting.
5. The all purpose field including bleachers, storage shed, soccer goals, fencing and gates.
Due to the lack of on-site water the root base for the grass is still not strong enough to withstand use. Therefore, we will need to wait until at least the spring of 2017 to use the field.
We are happy to announce several positive developments that recently occurred that will enable us to proceed with further development:
1. Sunoco Logistics has made a generous donation for a pavilion.
2. We have received a grant in the amount of $190,000 from the Department of Community
and Economic Development.
3. Mr. Dale Lutterman, a local contractor, has offered manpower and equipment for the
installation of the water line and septic system.
4. We continue to have a unique arrangement with the Western Pennsylvania Operating
Engineers to assist in the project.
Due to the donations and support listed above, we will soon be constructing the following:
1. waterline to the park
3. restrooms and septic system
5. additional walkways and roadways.
We also hope to include a playground, volleyball court, and horseshoe pits if funds are available. We continue to seek other sources of revenue for these projects. With these additions, the entire Phase 1 area will be complete and provide the community with a nice recreation area.
If you would like to participate in the park's development or just learn more about the project, consider attending a park meeting. The Salem Township Recreation Initiative Committee meetings are held at the Salem Township Municipal building on the third Tuesday of the month starting at 7:00 p.m.
The Committee and the Recreation Board sponsor fund-raising activities to help support the project. Additional help is always welcome. Please consider joining us as we strive to provide a facility that will provide access for all. Tax free financial contributions are always welcome. Please call 724-468-4801 if you have questions.